Five Things to Consider When Installing a Water Features in Your Outdoor Space
1. Type of Water Feature: There are many types of water features that can be incorporated into your outdoor space: Waterfalls, fountains, artificial creeks, water/fire features, and almost anything you can imagine. The look and feel of the water feature is easily customizable and can be tailored to your specific taste. Maybe a creek running through the backyard providing a calm, serene environment, or perhaps a waterfall cascading into your swimming pool.
2. Design: It is important to install a Water Feature that compliments the aesthetics of your home and lifestyle. This can be the traditional or custom designed feature tailored specifically to your tastes. Be sure to think carefully about the existing features of your outdoor space before selecting yours.
3. Safety: If you have children or other young family members running around, a large climbable Water Feature may not be for you. Or… maybe with the proper precautions, it can be customized to meet your needs. Consider the placement of your Water Feature as some produce a slippery surface. These features can be the perfect centerpiece for the whole family to enjoy if they are installed with safety in mind.
4. Longevity: When picking out a Water Feature, durability is an important consideration. You want your feature to be high quality and last long enough for you to enjoy for many years. Maintenance is important in prolonging the life of your Water Feature. The water needs to be treated regularly to be kept clean. Plan to have a company service or plan to spend the time doing it yourself.
5. Cost: While you design your dream outdoor space you will want to consider the cost of the Water Feature(s) you want to install. The complexity of the design and the durability and strength of the Water Feature(s) will affect the cost. But… having the perfect Water Feature to complete your outdoor space might just be worth it!
33 views0 comments